Credit cards are a necessary evil. I mean you can’t even book a hotel room without guaranteeing it with a credit card. While some people carry HUGE balances and get into trouble with credit card debt, credit cards don’t have to be bad. The best credit cards for 2015 is a list of credit cards and offers that, for responsible consumers, can assist your financial health with a widely-accepted card, a great interest rate and no fees.
We also have a few specific credit cards picked out for students who are looking for the best credit card for 2015 along with cards for business owners, people with damaged credit and people that like to travel.
2015 Will Be The Year of the Credit Card Chips – Bye Bye Magnetic Stripe
Coming in 2015 will be a more wide-spread and safer way to use your credit cards. All of the best credit cards for 2015 will be moving toward the chip-and-pin technology. Eventhough this technology has been around for many years, it is looking to make a huge splash in 2015. Visa and Mastercard have already been issuing new credit cards that do not use the magnetic stripe technology or signature lines. The main bottleneck is going to be all of the 8 million retailers outfitting their point of sale systems with new card readers that can interact with the chip-based credit cards.
Consumers Want The Best Credit Cards of 2015 To be Safer and Hack-Proof
With the huge credit card breaches in 2014, namely, Target, Home Depot and Jimmy Johns, consumers are begging for a more secure way to use their plastic. It is also time for the U.S. to catch-up with the rest of the world and implement chip and pin technology in a wide-spread manner. These new type of cards have multiple layers of security already built-in and although they are not hack-proof credit cards, theft has been shown to decrease by up to 78%.
So does this mean the best credit cards of 2015 will never be able to be compromised?
We can’t say with 100% certainty that going to chip and pin credit cards will completely eliminate credit card fraud, but it definitely will help. And don’t expect every retailer to immediately convert to EMV terminals. It is going to take a long time to roll this out across the entire retail industry.
How Do The Chip and Pin Terminals Work?
The chip and pin terminals would work much like a debit card transaction or an ATM transaction. Where you slide in your card, the terminal reads the chip data and waits for your PIN number. The difference here is how the data is stored on the card (chip vs magnetic stripe).
The Best Credit Cards 2015
Best Credit Card Special Offers for 2015
Below are some of the best credit card special offers that should be available for 2015. A special offer could be a lower introductory interest rate, or balance transfer initiative.
The Discover it Card
- Introductory rate of 0% for 18 months on balance transfers
- No Annual Fee
- Late Payment Forgiveness
- Free FICO stores on statements
The Discover it card is rated 4.8 of 5.0 stars by thousands of card members.
Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- Spend $3,000 using the card within three months and grab 40,000 miles
- Unlimited 2X miles on all future purchases.
- No blackout dates or other restrictions
- Miles never expire
- No foreign transaction fees
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card.
- Receive 1.5-percent cash back on everything you buy
- Request the rebate any time you like
- 0% percent interest until May 2015
- Free fraud coverage
Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards for 2015
Discover it Card. The Discover it Card will definitely be at the top of your list no matter how many cards you look at for balance transfer offers. This is definitely one of the best credit cards for 2015 and one of the best balance transfer credit cards.
- 18 months interest free on balance transfers with the Discover It Card
- Late payment forgiveness
This card could help you with your 2015 financial situation as you would avoid interest payments on any existing balances and strive to get them paid down over the course of 2015.
Chase Slate. I actually own this credit card and it is definitely a great one. The reason I opened this account was for the balance transfer.
- Make a balance transfer during the first 60 days and there’s no balance transfer fee
- Lower interest rates for seasoned cards
- 0% variable introductory rate on purchases for 15 months
- No Annual Fee
Best Cash Back Credit Cards for 2015
Discover it Chrome Card.
The Discover it Chrome card is also a great cash-back card. Along wtih great introductory interest rates, the Discover it Chrome card also has a sweet cash-back on purchases program that you can take advantage of.
- 0% APR for 14 months
- No foreign transaction fees
- 2% cash back per quarter on qualifying purchases (dining, gas)
- 1% cash back on other purchases
- More than 200 online merchants for even bigger cash-back opportunities
BankAmerica Visa Card.
If you want a credit card that has virtually zero restrictions on its cash-back program, the BankAmerica Visa may be exactly what you are looking for.
- 15 months at 0% interest during each billing period
- $25-per-quarter cash reward tied to the card that is applied each time you pay more than your minimum balance
Best Rewards Credit Cards for 2015
Chase Freedom Sapphire.
If you are into rewards credit cards for 2015 and want to earn some quick points just for using your card, the Chase Freedom Sapphire may be for you.
- 40,000 rewards points just for using your card within three months of its issuance
- 5,000 points when you add a second authorized user
- Chip and pin compliant
- $95 annual fee after the first year
American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card.
- 25,000 points after your first $2000 of purchases
- 3X points on airline tickets
- 2x points at gas stations
- Yeah-end point bonus if you spend $30,000 i the year
Best Student Credit Cards for 2015
We don’t typically recommend credit cards for college students, but when we’re talking about the best student credit cards for 2015, we’d be remiss not to steer you to the following card:
Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card.
If you have good credit, this student card may be for you. It offers cash-back and on-time payment incentives
- 1% cash back on purchases
- Up to 25% bonus for on-time payments
- Fraud coverage
- This card does have high APRs and no other promotions